Sports Performance Training
Improve Movement, Reduce Injury Potential, Improve Performance
Franciscan St. Anthony Health SMI offers the most comprehensive athletic development and sports performance training environment in Northwest Indiana. Our program is focused on teaching each athlete correct training techniques, reducing injury potential and improving overall athletic performance and movement.
Each training session lasts approximately 1.5 to 2 hours and includes the following:
- Warm-up – instruction and training in proper warm-up, stretching, and mobility drills
- Movement – linear and lateral speed and agility, acceleration and deceleration techniques
- Power – Plyometrics and jump training, explosive weight training, medicine balls training
- Strength – Functional strength training, whole body approach, emphasis on proper and safe technique
- Injury Reduction – Identify and correct incorrect movement patterns, improve stability
- Conditioning – Increase work capacity for reduced time to fatigue and increased game fitness
Athletes receive close supervision as our coaches direct them through the training sessions and special attention is always paid to proper technique and safety. Each group size is limited to 9 athletes per group/coach, to ensure proper attention to technique and individual coaching.
Our Sports Performance Fall, Winter, and Spring programs are each approximately 12 weeks in length and you may choose a 2 or 3 day per week option Monday –Saturday. Our Summer program offers a 2 or 4 day per week program and runs Monday through Friday. We also offer a 2-day/1- hour in-season training program for high school athletes who are in-season and want to maintain strength and power during their season.